The Way You Get Non-School Information from School Is Changing
As you all know our school serves as a conduit of information from many non-school entities that have the desire to communicate with you/your children regarding providing opportunities for our kids. From Little Ranger Cheerleading & Football programs to Vacation Bible School to Soccer Skills Camps, our students backpacks come home stuffed with extra things for you to consider.
Often, we get questions from parents about why this thing or that thing was allowed to come home and my response has always been to explain that, as a school, we have two options. The first is to not allow anything that is not official school communication to come home. This would limit the ability of many great opportunities for students to be communicated. The second option is to allow everything to come home. We have chosen the second option with an understanding that it puts parents in a tough spot from time to time. Given only those choices we would continue to choose option two, however with additional thought, we do have another better option. We are going to continue to provide access to the same wide variety of information, but we are going to leverage the technology available to us to provide parents with choices and control over the flow.
Starting now we will no longer be sending paper notices from non-school entities home with your children.
Moving forward, that information will be available digitally on our website for your review. Additionally, you will have choice in how you want to get the information. You can choose to look at none of it. You can choose to go to our website and look at it whenever you like. You also can choose what I am going to choose for my family which is to follow the directions below provided by Mr. Lindquist to ensure you get an email each time a new item is uploaded for viewing. That email will contain a link so you can simply click it and get the information when you get a minute to read it.
There are 3 pages on our website that will house information that would have come home with your child in the past; they are: Olney Backpack, NES Backpack and High School Backpack
Should you choose, you will receive an email each time there is new information. Just follow these directions:
- Navigate to the website. The address of the website is: http://www.northwoodschools.org
- Click Register at the top right of the screen.
- Enter your date of birth and click Submit. (You must be at least 13 years old in order to register.)
- Complete the data fields in the registration form. At a minimum, you must complete the required fields of First Name, Last Name, Email Address, User Name, Password and Confirm Password fields. All information that you enter is kept private and is available to only you and site administrators.
- If registration is successful, you receive a success message. Sign in to the website by clicking the Sign In link in the message or clicking Sign In located at the top right of the screen.
Once you have signed in, you are ready to add E-Alert Subscriptions.
- Go to the page associated with your students school (note you can subscribe to more than one schools backpack.
- Olney @ http://www.northwoodschools.org//Domain/328
- NES @ http://www.northwoodschools.org//Domain/327
- High School @ http://www.northwoodschools.org//Domain/329
- You’ll notice that there’s a subscribe button. Clicking subscribe adds your email address to the list of recipients that are notified when a change is announced.
As always, your questions and comments are welcome.
Greg Clark email@example.com